Looking for a best minimalist camping shelter for hiking and backpacking can be so overwhelming. There are so many styles, brands, and materials or fabrics out there.
Through many hours of searching and researching, we have decided to purchase the Zpacks Triplex Tent. Other than the cost, the 28 oz. weight and the compression size of the tent was unbeatable. More, we like the idea that we can use our own Trekking poles as tent poles. Further, since the Cuben Fiber Material was meant designed for Sailing Fabric, this tent is considered a 4 season tent. We bring it with us anywhere and anytime without worrying about the strong winds, the rain, or the snow.
10 Things to consider when searching shelters or tents are:
1) Simplicity or Complexity of Tent Set Up and Tear Down.
2) Weight including the Tent Stakes and Trekking Poles.
3) Materials or Fabric or Fibers of Tent.
4) Compression or Packability of Shelter
5) Dimensions of the Tent or Comfortability of Space.
6) Seasonal Usability.
7) Price or Affordability.
8) Warranty of the Tent’s Defects in Materials and Workmanship.
9) Customer Service Availability.
10) Customer Reviews.
Here’s a Video on How we set it up:
Here are Pictures on How we set it up:
Latest posts by Sue Dfernz (see all)
- Sleeping Mattress or Sleeping Pad for Backpacking- Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm MAX Sleeping Pad - September 11, 2017
- Vehicle Home Checklist and Maintenance Before a Road Trip - April 29, 2017
- Assateague Island National Seashore - March 30, 2017