Gear Checklist is an essential document for travel and outdoor adventures alike. It can be overwhelming to think about all the gears you need to prepare without a visual list to follow since we are 65% visual learners according to Social Science Research Network. You get so excited about the trip preparing yourself and making arrangemnts for all the things you are leaving behind. Memorizing and trying to remember all the things you need to take is the last thing you need to worry about. You don’t want to end up packing the last minute or the night before only to realize you forgot a lot of things while you’re already on the road. If you are like us, then read on to lessen your burden.
Here are the reasons for having a checklist
- Gets you organized – believe it or not – this can make your trip more enjoyable
- Easy to remember- you don’t to stress out too much just follow the list and review it later.
- Easy to follow- It is easier to follow a list than a whole page of paragraphs and text.
- Saves you time- it backs up reason no. 1- you can do things much faster if you have a guide to follow rather than rummaging your entire house
- Makes packing and preparing easier – life is easier when we focus on one item at a time.
- Evaluation of your current gear – you can easily review your gear, add or remove things on the list. Looking at the list gives you an outside the box perspective which ones you need and what you don’t need.
- Makes shopping easier – you exactly what you need to buy versus what you want to buy
- Saves you money – like no.7, if you know which one to buy then you don’t really need to buy unnecessary gear unless you really really want to have it in your collection.
- Saves you time – Packing is always faster if you know already what to pack
- Makes you plan – When you make a checklist you are already planning
Now that you’re convinced to make a checklist – let’s learn how to make an effective one that will work for you.
Latest posts by Sue Dfernz (see all)
- Sleeping Mattress or Sleeping Pad for Backpacking- Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XTherm MAX Sleeping Pad - September 11, 2017
- Vehicle Home Checklist and Maintenance Before a Road Trip - April 29, 2017
- Assateague Island National Seashore - March 30, 2017